1 Pint, warmed to 78 degree f / 25 degree c (300 Milliliter)
8 Ounce (225 Gram)
1 1⁄2 Pound (675 Gram)
1 Ounce (25 Gram)
1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)
1) Preheat oven 425°F/220°C (Gas Mark 7)
2) In a small bowl blend the yeast into half the warm water.
3) In a large bowl add rye flour and mix the yeast liquid. Cover and let stand for 1 hour to ferment.
4) In a large bowl put wheat flour creating a well in the centre.
5) Stir in salt and malt extract. Add remaining water and mix.
6) Put half the caraway seeds and mix well into the stiff dough.
7) When ferment doubles in size, mix it with the wheat flour dough.
8) Knead with hands or using an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook for 5 minutes.
9) Roll dough into a ball and cover with a cloth or an inverted bowl. Leave to prove for 40 minutes.
10) Grease lightly oblong loaf tin or a baking tray. Shape the loaf.
11) Brush with little milk and sprinkle remaining caraway seeds. Leave to prove for 30 minutes.
12) Bake for 30 minutes. As the top turns golden-brown turn the loaf into a wire rack to cool.