Honey Orange Cumin Bread
|Unsalted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Pinch|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Whole wheat flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cumin seed||1 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (Divided)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, add butter, brown sugar, honey and salt. Cream together the ingredients.
3) Add scalded milk and mix. Let the mixture cool.
4) In another small bowl mix yeast, water and sugar.
5) Keep aside for 5 minutes.
6) Gently add orange juice, lightly beaten egg and yeast mixture to the scalded milk mixture.
7) Stir till the mixture is well blended.
8) With a wooden spoon stir in the whole-wheat flour, cumin seed and 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
9) Put the dough on a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. Use 2 cups flour and knead into a firm soft dough.
10) Keep the dough in a large buttered bowl.
11) Turn it in the bowl till well coated with butter.
12) Seal the bowl with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place. Let the dough rise for about 1 hour or till doubled.
13) Pinch the dough and knead again for 1 minute.
14) Grease the bowl with butter again and place the dough on it.
15) Turn to coat with butter and cover with a kitchen towel. Let rise till doubled for about 30 minutes.
16) Punch the dough and divide into two loaves.
17) Place in two 9" by 5" by 3" pans.
18) Keep aside to let the loaves rise again above the tops of the pans.
19) Place in oven and bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes.
20) Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for further 25 to 30 minutes.
21) Keep loaves on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
22) Serve warm.