Sally Lunn Bread
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan, warm milk, butter and vinegar to a temperature of 120° to 130°F and keep aside.
3) Blend flour, sugar, yeast, salt, eggs and milk mixture for 5 seconds in a food processor bowl fitted with a Knife Blade.
4) Again pulse for 2 to 3 times after scraping down sides of Bowl, until batter becomes loose.
5) In a greased mixing bowl, pour the batter and keep aside, covered for about 2 hours in a warm place to rise to double in size.
6) Punch down and transfer to a well greased and floured 1 1/2-quart round baking dish.
7) Again keep aside for about 45 minutes to rise to double in size.
8) Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown and then allow cooling for 10 minutes.
9) Serve with jam.
Calories 218 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.4 mg23.1%
Sodium 268.8 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.84 g3.4%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.5% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet