|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , well-beaten|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
2) Cut in the shortening with 2 knives till the mix develops the appearance of cornmeal.
3) In another bowl, add the eggs and milk and beat.
4) Add in all the egg liquid to the flour and then beat till well blended.
5) Gently fold in the cherries, almond extract, and aniseed.
6) Turn out the dough into a large floured pan.
7) Place in the oven at 350-degrees and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
8) Serve as a breakfast bread.