Cinnamon Raisin Bread
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
1) In a bowl combine 1/4 cup butter and milk stirring constantly.
2) Let the mixture cool to 105-115 degree.
3) Combine flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
4) Pour the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and blend in low speed of electric mixer.
5) Blend the mixture for 2 minutes in a blender at low speed, stopping occasionally to scrape down the mixture to the bottom.
6) Add 3/4 cup flour and beat further for 2 minutes on high speed.
7) Add the remaining flour to make a soft dough and then stir in raisin.
8) Knead dough until soft and elastic.
9) Take a greased bowl and place dough in it, cover, and let it rise in a warm place at 85 degree for 1 hour 20 minutes or until dough is double the bulk.
10) Punch dough down, cover, and let it rest for 15 minutes.
11) Combine sugar and cinnamon, divide in half, and keep aside.
12) Divide the dough in half.
13) Roll each half into an 18- x 8-inch rectangle, grease with melted butter, and sprinkle the sugar mixture.
13) Roll up each rectangle in jellyroll like fashion and seal ends together.
14) Take two greased 9- x 5- x 3-inch loafpans and place the rolls with seam side down.
15) Cover and let it rise for 55 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
16) Bake at 350 degree for 25-30 minutes.
17) Drizzle butter, remove from pans, cool on wire rack, and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5220 Calories from Fat 993
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.9%
Saturated Fat 66.4 g332.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 282.3 mg94.1%
Sodium 1212.6 mg50.5%
Total Carbohydrates 973 g324.5%
Dietary Fiber 37.1 g148.3%
Sugars 360.6 g
Protein 103 g205.5%
Vitamin A 64.9% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 89% Iron 229.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet