Onion Herb Baked Bread
|Italian bread loaf||1 , halved lengthwise (About 16 In. Long, French Bread)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Golden onion soup mix||3 Ounce (1 Envelope, Lipton)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. To make the spread, in a mixing bowl, use a butter knife to blend the butter with onion soup mix, garlic, herbs and pepper.
3. Spread the flavored butter on the bread halves.
4. Arrange the bread, buttered side up on a baking sheet.
5. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and toast the buttered bread for 15 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
6. Remove bread from the oven and cool slightly before slicing.
7. Arrange on a platter and serve hot.
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.5%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg20.2%
Sodium 2150.4 mg89.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 12% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet