Onion Herb Baked Bread
|Italian bread loaf||1 , halved lengthwise (About 16 In. Long, French Bread)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Golden onion soup mix||3 Ounce (1 Envelope, Lipton)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. To make the spread, in a mixing bowl, use a butter knife to blend the butter with onion soup mix, garlic, herbs and pepper.
3. Spread the flavored butter on the bread halves.
4. Arrange the bread, buttered side up on a baking sheet.
5. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and toast the buttered bread for 15 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
6. Remove bread from the oven and cool slightly before slicing.
7. Arrange on a platter and serve hot.