Common Sense Oat Bran Bread
|Bread flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oat bran cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Kellogg'S Common Sense, Any Variety)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Active dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Package)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Stir together flours and in a large electric mixer bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the flour mixture, KELLOGG'S COMMON SENSE Oat Bran cereal, salt, yeast and sugar.
2. Heat milk and margarine such that very warm (120°-130°F).
3. Slowly add to cereal mixture and beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
4. Put in egg whites and 1 cup of the flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes on high speed.
5. Using dough hooks on electric mixer or by hand, stir in remaining flour mixture.
6. Knead on low speed or by hand for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
7. Place dough in lightly greased bowl, turning once to coat top.
8. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in volume and punch down dough and let rest 10 minutes.
9. Roll dough on lightly floured surface into 14 x 8 1/2-inch rectangle.
10. Starting with short-side, roll dough lengthwise.
11. In a lightly greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan place seam side down.
12. Let rise until double in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
13. Let it bake in 375°F oven about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
14. Take out of the pan and cool on wire rack.