Cranberry Nut Bread
|Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two foil loaf pans, 7 by 3 1/2 by 2 inches. Wash cranberries, removing stems; chop coarsely.
2. Sift flour with sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
3. In small bowl, with rotary beater, beat eggs with milk, butter and vanilla.
4. Make well in center of cranberry mixture. Pour in egg mixture; with fork, stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Turn into prepared pans. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
7. To store: Wrap each loaf in foil, plastic wrap or moisture-vapor-proof freezer paper; seal and label. Freeze.
8. Remove number of loaves desired from freezer. Let thaw, still in wrapping, at room temperature several hours, or until loaves reach room temperature. If desired, decorate, with a few cranberries and walnut halves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2572 Calories from Fat 851
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g150.9%
Saturated Fat 39.7 g198.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 566.5 mg188.8%
Sodium 1913.6 mg79.7%
Total Carbohydrates 378 g126%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g60.8%
Sugars 169.6 g
Protein 54 g108.4%
Vitamin A 44% Vitamin C 25.5%
Calcium 152.4% Iron 94.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet