V8 Cheese Bread
|All-purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs), divided|
|Active dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (2 Packages)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (V8)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
1. In a large bowl, mix 2 cups of the flour, yeast and salt and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat V8 juice, water and butter until warm (115° to 120°F).
3. Into flour mixture mix in the V8 mixture.
4. Using a mixer at low speed, beat 30 seconds.
5. Put in cheese and egg and using mixer at high speed, beat 3 minutes.
6. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the remaining flour.
7. Onto lightly floured surface add the dough and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes, adding remaining flour while kneading.
8. Shaping dough into ball, place in large greased bowl, turning it to grease top.
9. Cover and let rise in a warm place such that it doubles in bulk, about 1 hour.
10. Take two 8- by 4-inch loaf pans and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
11. Punching the dough down divide in half.
12. Thereafter shape into 2 loaves.
13. Place in pans, cover and let it rise in warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
14. Preheat oven to 375°F and bake 35 minutes or until golden such that loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped with fingers.
15. Take out of the pans and let it cool on wire racks.