V8 Cheese Bread
|All-purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs), divided|
|Active dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (2 Packages)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (V8)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
1. In a large bowl, mix 2 cups of the flour, yeast and salt and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat V8 juice, water and butter until warm (115° to 120°F).
3. Into flour mixture mix in the V8 mixture.
4. Using a mixer at low speed, beat 30 seconds.
5. Put in cheese and egg and using mixer at high speed, beat 3 minutes.
6. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the remaining flour.
7. Onto lightly floured surface add the dough and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes, adding remaining flour while kneading.
8. Shaping dough into ball, place in large greased bowl, turning it to grease top.
9. Cover and let rise in a warm place such that it doubles in bulk, about 1 hour.
10. Take two 8- by 4-inch loaf pans and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
11. Punching the dough down divide in half.
12. Thereafter shape into 2 loaves.
13. Place in pans, cover and let it rise in warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
14. Preheat oven to 375°F and bake 35 minutes or until golden such that loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped with fingers.
15. Take out of the pans and let it cool on wire racks.
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g91.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.1 mg30.4%
Sodium 631.4 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.95 g3.8%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 62% Vitamin C 55.8%
Calcium 62.1% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet