Almond Banana Tea Bread
|Margarine||5 Ounce, softened (150 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||150 Gram|
|Eggs||3 Medium, beaten|
|Ripe bananas||4 , mashed|
|Vanilla essence||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||14 Ounce, sifted|
|Ground almonds||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Demerara sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) thereafter grease and line an 18 cm (7 in) square tin.
2. Cream the margarine and sugar together beating thoroughly until light and fluffy.
3. Into the mixture beat the eggs gradually, beating hard between each addition.
4. Combining the mashed bananas with the vanilla stir into the mixture.
5. It does not matter even if it curdles, as this will not spoil the cake.
6. Incorporate air into the mixture by beating really well.
7. In a separate bowl combine the flour, almonds, baking powder and salt and fold into the banana mixture.
8. Combine thoroughly.
9. Into the prepared tin spoon and sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top.
10. Let it bake for 1 1/4—1 1/2 hours until firm.
11. Test with a skewer and, if cooked, remove from the oven and turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
12. Wrap in foil and leave for at least 1 day before eating.