Easy Oatmeal Bread
|Oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Honey/Molasses||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Powdered milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1) In a mixing bowl, add the oatmeal and boiling water, blend well, allow to cool for about 20 min.
2) Sprinkle the yeast over lukewarm water, allow to rest for 5 min, stir and add into the oatmeal mixture.
2) Stir in the honey, oil and powdered milk, blend well; mix the flour and salt and stir into oatmeal mixture.
3) Knead for 5 min, add a little flour if the dough is very sticky; place the dough in an oiled bowl and allow to rest in a warm place until it doubles in bulk.
4) Knead again, shape the dough into two regular or round loaves and place them in well greased pans, allow to rise for further 10 min.
5) Bake in the preheated oven at 325 Deg F for 45-50 min.
6) Slice and serve on a nice dish.