Raw Cane Sugar Barm Brack
|Raw cane sugar||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Mixed dried fruit||3⁄4 Pound (340 Gram)|
|Tea||2⁄3 Pint, cold (340 Milliliter)|
|100% wholemeal flour||10 Ounce (285 Gram)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1) In tea, soak the dried fruit and sugar overnight. Cover with a plate or cloth.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
3) Thoroughly sift together the flour and the baking powder.
4) To the flour, add the soaked tea mix.
5) In a different bowl, beat the egg and add to the flour-tea mixture. Mix properly till a uniform mixture is formed.
6) Put the concoction in a well-geased 900 grams bread tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour 45 minutes.
7) Allow to cool and slice.
8) Serve cool after spreading with butter.