Low Calorie Bread
|Yeast cakes||2 Ounce (2 Pieces)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Bacon fat/Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, dissolve yeast in water and 1 tbsp. of the honey.
2. Heat the yeast water until luke warm.
3. Add fat or oil and remaining honey;
5. Take pan off the flame and stir in all the flours together to make a sticky dough.
6. Wrap and allow rising in warm place until double in volume.
7. Add salt and enough soy flour to make a stiff dough.
8. Knead well for 3 to 4 minutes on a work suface.
9. Shape into a greased bread pan and prove for another 15 minutes until it rises again to fill the pan.
10. Preheat oven to 400°F and bake the bread in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
11. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for another 40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and brush bread with softened butter.
13. Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
14. Slice and have for breakfast or with your meals.