Low Calorie Bread
|Yeast cakes||2 Ounce (2 Pieces)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Bacon fat/Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, dissolve yeast in water and 1 tbsp. of the honey.
2. Heat the yeast water until luke warm.
3. Add fat or oil and remaining honey;
5. Take pan off the flame and stir in all the flours together to make a sticky dough.
6. Wrap and allow rising in warm place until double in volume.
7. Add salt and enough soy flour to make a stiff dough.
8. Knead well for 3 to 4 minutes on a work suface.
9. Shape into a greased bread pan and prove for another 15 minutes until it rises again to fill the pan.
10. Preheat oven to 400°F and bake the bread in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
11. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for another 40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and brush bread with softened butter.
13. Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
14. Slice and have for breakfast or with your meals.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2262 Calories from Fat 481
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.5 mg9.5%
Sodium 3963.6 mg165.1%
Total Carbohydrates 386 g128.6%
Dietary Fiber 48.1 g192.3%
Sugars 44.5 g
Protein 78 g156.9%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 100.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet