|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Thick applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted shortening||2 Tablespoon|
1) Grease a loaf pan.
2) In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon.
3) Add in the nuts, egg, applesauce, and shortening and stir till blended.
4) Transfer into the loaf pan.
5) Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
6) Slice and serve as a breakfast item.