Prune Pecan Bread
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely chopped pecans||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Pitted cooked prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped, sweetened|
|Prune juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Melted margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
3) Mix in the orange rind, pecans, and prunes with the fingers to coat.
4) With a wire whisk or a rotary beater, beat the prune juice, orange juice and egg together.
5) Pour and gently fold the liquid mixture into the dry mixture, until well blended.
6) Then mix in the butter or margarine
7) In a buttered and floured 9x5x3 inches loaf pan, spoon the mixture and pat over a table.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until done.
9) Remove from the oven, leave in the pan for 5 minutes, loosen the edges and turn out over a wire rack covered.
10) Slice and serve in a nice plate.
Calories 720 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.7%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.9 mg27.3%
Sodium 635.6 mg26.5%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 56.3 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet