|Strong white flour||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Fast-action dried yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Sachet, 7 Gram)|
|Lukewarm milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Cooked potato||8 Ounce, sieved (250 Gram)|
|Blue cheese/Roquefort cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled (125 Gram)|
|Beaten egg||1 (To Glaze)|
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
2) In a warmed bowl, sift the flour and salt together. Then rub in the butter until the mixture is crumbly and stir in the dried yeast.
3) In a bowl with the sieved potato, stir in the milk. Then work this mixture into the flour to form a soft dough.
4) On a floured board, knead the dough for 5 minutes, then knead in the crumbled cheese.
5) Grease a 500 g loaf tin, then shape the dough and fit into the tin.
6) Cover and keep to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
7) Coat with the beaten egg and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8) Lower the heat and bake for further 15 minutes. Then turn out and place on a wire rack to cool.
9) Slice and serve in a nice plate.