Wheat Sprout Bread
|Wheat||1 Pint (From Local Health Food Store)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Raw sugar/Honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From Soaked Wheat)|
|Whole wheat flour/Unbleached white flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, place wheat, rinse well and soak for about 18 hours in water. The mixture may have a slight odor due to fermentation.
2. Drain wheat, reserving water
3. Add wheat to a food processor jar with a medium food-grinder blade.
4. Grind into a smooth paste.
5. In a large bowl a combine ground wheat and yeast, which has been softened in a little warm water.
6. Add salt, oil, honey or sugar and 2 cups warmed reserved soaking water.
7. Stir in flour to make stiff batter.
8. Cover and set aside in warm place to rise until double in bulk.
9. Knead on floured board until dough is smooth and heavy.
10. Shape into 1 large or 2 medium loaves.
11. Set aside in warm place to rise until pans are full.
12. Preheat the oven to 350°F
13. Carefully slide bread pans into preheated oven as jolting the bread would cause it to flatten
14. Bake for 1 hour, until lightly browned.
15. Remove from oven and allow to rest until cooled.
16. Slice bread using a bread knife.
17. Serve bread soft or toasted