Whole Wheat Bread
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey/Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or More To Taste)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Warm water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, add 1/2 cup warm water and sprinke the yeast and stir until dissolved; stir in the honey, salt, oil, 2 1/4 cups warm water and 3 1/2 cups flour, beat well to smoothen.
2) On a lightly floured board knead the dough until smooth and elastic , place in a greased bowl, cover with a clean cloth and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled for about 1 1/2 hr.
3) Punch down the dough and divide it in half, roll each half into a rectangle ; place in greased 9x5x3 loaf pans, cover and allow to rise until doubled for about 1 hr.
4) Bake in the preheated oven at 375 Deg F for 40-45 min ; remove and brush loaves with butter if a soft crust is desired; cool on the wire racks.
5) Slice and serve on a nice dish.