Molasses Rye Bread
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsulphured molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yeast||1 Tablespoon, dissolved|
|Rye flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl with warm milk add water, fat, molasses and salt.
2) When lukewarm, add the softened yeast, stir in whole- wheat flour and mix well until soft; keep covered and let it rise. until light.
3) Add rye flour to make a stiff dough, knead well and keep in a warm place to rise until double.
4) Punch down and keep aside for a while; place shaped loaves in greased bread pans and keep in a warm place to rise until double.
5) Make 4 diagonal slits on the loaves and bake in the oven at 375 Deg F for 40-50 min, cool on wire rack.
6) Serve immediately.