Heart Healthy Pumpkin Bread
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or cooked)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Take a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan, grease with oil and keep aside.
3. Take a mixing bowl, add brown sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and granulated sugar and beat to blend well.
4. In another bowl, prepare a mixture of flour with spices, salt and soda. Stir into pumpkin mixture and blend thoroughly. Add nuts, raisins and water.
5. Using a spoon, transfer to the grease pan and bake for 65 to 75 minutes or a wooden pick pierced through the bread comes out non-sticky.
6. Allow to cool in the pan itself for 10 minutes. Take out, transfer to a wire rack and cool.
7. Slice and serve.