Bread Date Cookies With Honey
|Soft bread cubes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Pack Tightly)|
|Chopped nutmeats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Pack Tightly)|
|Grated orange rind/1 teaspoon vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Grease a 10X 7 inch baking dish with baking spray or oil.
3) Use a large, clean and grease free glass bowl.
4) Crack the eggs into the bowl.
5) Use an electric beater to beat the eggs for about 5 minutes until thick and well aerated. The egg mixture should be double in volume.
6) Gradually stir in half the honey into the beaten eggs.
7) In another bowl, combine bread cubes, dates, nutmeats, orange rind and remaining honey.
8) Pour the egg mixture into the bread and date mixture and use a spatula to fold in the dry ingredients. Do not beat or mix vigorously.
9) Pour the batter mixture into the greased baking dish.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or well set and lightly browned.
11) Remove the baking dish from the oven and allow it to cooling slightly.
12) Cut into squares and serving as snacks.
13) To serve as a dessert, break the cookies into pieces, fill in sherbet glasses and top with whipped cream.
14) Store the cookies in an airtight container.