Green Tomato Bread
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Pass 2 or 3 green tomatoes, chopped as chunks though a food processor to prepare puree.
3. Take a 5 X 9 X 3 inch loaf pan, grease and keep aside.
4. Take a large electric mixer bowl, add butter and sugar to creamy. Add egg, ginger, green tomato puree, vanilla and salt and beat well.
5. Add flour, baking soda, yogurt and baking powder and beat till they just mix in the mixture.
6. Add walnuts and raisins and beat slightly.
7. Take a prepared pan, transfer the batter and bake for 40 minute till golden brown and knife inserted comes out clean.
8. Take out and cool on wire rack.
9. Serve warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2568 Calories from Fat 760
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.6%
Saturated Fat 35.2 g176.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 339.8 mg113.3%
Sodium 2715.6 mg113.2%
Total Carbohydrates 415 g138.2%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 215.2 g
Protein 46 g91.1%
Vitamin A 57.3% Vitamin C 45.8%
Calcium 46.3% Iron 102.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet