Three Grain Bread
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (105° To 115° F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whole-wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Millet||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bulgur wheat||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Dissolve yeast in a warm water-honey mixture and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes till yeast turns bubbly.
3. Take a large bowl, add rest of the ingredients and using an electric mixture with dough hook, mix well. Mix in the yeast mixture and beat and shape as balls.
4. Take a bowl, grease with oil, arrange balls and place with oiled side on top. Cover and keep aside for 1.5 hours in a warm place, without drafts, for dough to rise and double. Press the dough down hard.
5. Transfer to a floured board, knead for 2 minutes, shape as loaf. Take a 5 X 9 X 3 inch loaf pan, oil it and arrange loaf, with seas side facing down. Using a towel, cover it and place in warm place, free of drafts, for an hour for the dough to rise and double.
6. Bake for 40 minutes so that when tapped, bread sounds hollow.
7. Take out, cool and serve.