|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105° To 115°F)|
|Active dry yeast package||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages, 0.25 Ounce Each)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Nonfat dry milk powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large mixing bowl stir together warm water and yeast. Add honey, oil, eggs, and salt; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed till combined. Add the dry milk powder, oats, cornmeal, and wheat germ; beat till combined.
2. Add 1 cup of the all-purpose flour and all of the whole wheat flour; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping the bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in rye flour and as much remaining all-purpose flour as you can.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining all-purpose flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes). Shape into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place till double (1 to 1 1/4 hours).
4. Grease two 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pans. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape each half into a loaf. Place in the prepared loaf pans. Cover; let rise in a warm place till nearly double (30 to 45 minutes).
5. Bake in a 375° oven for 35 to 40 minutes or till bread sounds hollow when tapped. If necessary, cover with foil the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Remove from pans; place on a wire rack. Brush with margarine or butter. Cool completely.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6187 Calories from Fat 1133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g196.6%
Saturated Fat 24.7 g123.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 510.2 mg170.1%
Sodium 3337.9 mg139.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1029 g343%
Dietary Fiber 102.2 g408.9%
Sugars 248.4 g
Protein 253 g505.9%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 307.6% Iron 322.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet