Savory Cheese Bread
|Unsliced french bread loaf||16 Ounce (1 Piece)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Bacon slices||4 , cooked crisp and crumbled|
|Sliced green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sliced swiss cheese||8 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Cut the French bread into 1-inch slices without cutting through bottom crust.
3) In a small bowl, add softened butter or margarine, bacon, green onion, poppy seed, mustard, and garlic powder to combine.
4) Spread the butter mixture on the cut surface.
5) Take ½ slice cheese to place between each bread slice.
6) Wrap bread in foil.
7) Place inside oven to bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until heated through.
8) Serve the bread by topping with butter or cheese.
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.1%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.2 mg19.1%
Sodium 323.4 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 14 g29%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 27.7% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet