Savory Cheese Bread
|Unsliced french bread loaf||16 Ounce (1 Piece)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Bacon slices||4 , cooked crisp and crumbled|
|Sliced green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sliced swiss cheese||8 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Cut the French bread into 1-inch slices without cutting through bottom crust.
3) In a small bowl, add softened butter or margarine, bacon, green onion, poppy seed, mustard, and garlic powder to combine.
4) Spread the butter mixture on the cut surface.
5) Take ½ slice cheese to place between each bread slice.
6) Wrap bread in foil.
7) Place inside oven to bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until heated through.
8) Serve the bread by topping with butter or cheese.