Country Crust Bread
|Dry yeast||2 Packet|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Unbleached flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven at 375°.
2) In a bowl, add water to dissolve yeast. Allow this to stand for 5 minutes.
3) Put sugar, salt, eggs, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, and 3 cups flour. Combine all together and slowly add remaining flour.
4) On a floured surface, turn the dough to knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
5) Make a ball out of the dough.
6) Use a well-greased bowl to put the dough and to grease the surface by turning.
7) Cover the bowl and place in a warm place at 85° to rise the dough for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until it doubles in volume.
8) Punch down the doubled dough and make out two equal pieces.
9) On a floured surface, roll out the halves into 18- x 9-inch rectangle.
10) Starting from the narrow side, roll up the sheet firmly by eliminating air pockets.
11) Seal the seam and ends by pinching.
12) In a well-greased 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pans, place the rolls with seam side down.
13) Brush with vegetable oil on each of the rolls.
14) Again cover and allow rising to double.
15) Place the loaf pans inside oven on lower rack and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until loaves become hollow when tapped.
16) Remove the loaves from pans and brush with melted butter to serve.