Benedictine Sandwich Spread
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and cut into chunks|
|Cucumber||1 , cut in to chunks|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened (2 Packages)|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
1) Take a food processor and place the knife blade in position to the bowl.
2) Add the cucumber and onion and process it for 3-5 seconds.
3) Scrape the sides of the processor bowl with the aid of a rubber spatula after the processor is stopped.
4) Process once again for 3-5 seconds or until the vegetables get chopped finely.
5) Bring the plastic blade of the processor in position now.
6) Add 1 inch pieces of cream cheese to the processor bowl after cutting the cheese uniformly.
7) Process for 8-10 seconds this time or until you get a smooth mixture.
8) Pass the vegetables mixed with salt through the food chute of the processor for 20-25 seconds or until the mixture is well blended.
9) Process for an additional 5 seconds after adding food coloring.
10) Scrape the remnants from the sides of the chute and run the processor for 5 seconds again or until the vegetables are well mixed.
11) Transfer the mixture into a container with cover and chill properly.
12) Spread it on pumpernickel bread and serve it topped with lettuce leaves.