Healthy Wholemeal Bread
|Dried yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Wholemeal flour||1 Pound|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F (Gas Mark 7).
2) Allow 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to dissolve in one-third of the water.
3) Add yeast to this and beat in with a fork.
4) Place this in a warm place for 10 to 15 minutes till the mixture is foamy.
5) Dissolve rest of the sugar in the remaining water along with the butter or margarine and salt.
6) Add this to the flour with the yeast mixture and blend well until smooth dough is formed.
7) The dough thus prepared can be left in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
8) Knead lightly and figure it into a loaf.
9) Take a loaf tin and place the loaf in it for a further 30 minutes in a warm place.
10) Bake the loaf in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
11) The bread could be considered as done if it sounds void when thumped on the bottom with your knuckles.
12) Serve with coffee.