|Stale whole grain bread||8 Cup (128 tbs), cut into cubes|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Nutritional yeast||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 3⁄4 Tablespoon|
1) In a frying pan, add butter and heat up to melt.
2) Add the bread cubes and let the butter get soaked into the bread cubes.
3) Sprinkle in yeast and spices over the bread cubes and keep on sautéing.
4) In a baking tray, place the bread cubes.
5) Set your oven at 350° and place the tray inside oven.
6) Toast the bread cubes for 10-15 minutes or until the cubes become crunchy.
7) Serve the croutons with any savory soup or salad.
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.4 mg3.5%
Sodium 310.2 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet