Dill Bread is a dill licious bread made with cottage cheese, fresh dill and onion. That dill bread looks amazing! it smells great while baking. The dill bread is savory and adds value to a perfect meal. Try out and enjoy!!
All purpose flour
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
Minced dried onion
Chopped fresh dill
1 Cup (16 tbs), warmed
1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) Place yeast in a large bowl. Add the water and dissolve yeast and stir in 2 Tbls sugar.
2) Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes, until foamy. Add the cottage cheese and mix well.
3) Add the salt,baking soda,dill,onion.one egg,2 Tbls of melted butter
and mix thoroughly.
4) Add 1 cup of flour stir in vigorously. Incorporate 1 more cup of flour and stir to mix.
5) Turn the dough out onto work surface. Sprinkle the remaining flour onto the work surface and lightly knead the dough into a smooth round non sticky ball.(You may not need to use all of the flour)
6) Place the ball of dough into a greased bowl and cover with a towel and let rise in a warm spot, until it doubles in bulk. (It takes about an hour)
7) Meanwhile grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside
8) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
9) After the dough has risen,stir it down and form into a shape that will fit into the pan.
10) Let rise again until it doubles in bulk again (about 30-35min)
Place the bread in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the bottom sounds hollow.
11) Remove the loaf from the pan and brush with the remaining Tbl of melted butter and sprinkle with the coarse salt.
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.
If you love baking your own homemade bread you must try this recipe. Chef Ellie Espo shares her Italian aunt’s secret recipe for Dill Bread that is baked in a casserole. Well it’s not entirely a secret recipe and comes from behind a packet of yeast! This savory Dill bread is soft and moist and has fresh dill, cottage cheese and onions in it. It smells so good after baking that you can barely wait for 5 minutes once it is out of the oven. And the texture is moist and soft and a warm slice, fresh from the ove