Dennis Weaver’s Cheese Nut Loaf
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minced onion||6 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalks||4 , finely chopped|
|Chopped olives||To Taste|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Pound|
|Fresh whole wheat bread crumbs||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix the dry bread crumbs, walnuts, onion, celery and olives together.
3. Stir in eggs and half and half. Add salt and spices to mix.
4. In a separate bowl, mix cheese and fresh whole- wheat bread crumbs.
5. Combine this bowl with first bowl.
6. Place in a greased shallow loaf pan and bake for about 40 minutes.
Makes 1 loaf.
This recipe came from the book, Gunsmoke: An American Institution by Ben Costello. To learn more about his book visit www.50yearsofgunsmoke.com