Onion Sesame Bread
|Warm water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (Active Dry / Cakes, 2 Packages)|
|Condensed onion soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (Undiluted, 1 Can)|
|Biscuit mix||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Packaged Mix)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Early on day:
1. Onto very warm water, in small bowl, sprinkle yeast; stir until dissolved. Stir in onion soup. Stir into biscuit mix in large bowl until well blended.
2. Pour butter into 12-by-8-by-2-inch baking dish; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sesame seeds; cool. Spread batter evenly over butter; sprinkle with cheese, then 1 teaspoon sesame seeds. Cover with towel and let rise in warm place (80°F. to 85°F.) until doubled—about 30 minutes.
3. Start heating oven to 400°F.
4. When doubled, bake bread about 25 minutes, or until done. Cool in pan.
1. Carry bread to cookout spot right in baking pan, covered with foil.
2. At serving time, cut into squares; split and toast on grill, over glowing coals. Then serve, piping hot as buns for hamburgers, along with some sauteed, slivered, red and green peppers. Nice, too, as hot bread to go along with grilled steak, ham, or fish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2339 Calories from Fat 545
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.9%
Saturated Fat 35.1 g175.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.4 mg48.8%
Sodium 3396.2 mg141.5%
Total Carbohydrates 433 g144.3%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.2%
Sugars 49 g
Protein 19 g37.2%
Vitamin A 35.7% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 160.7% Iron 133.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet