Quick Butter Sally Lunn
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine / shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing Pan)|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together.
3. Beat the egg yolks, combine with the milk and add to the dry ingredients, stirring only until well blended. Add the cooled butter, margarine or shortening.
4. Beat the egg whites stiff but not dry and fold into the mixture.
5. Turn into the greased pan. Bake about 30 minutes.