Spiced Date And Walnut Bread
|Wholemeal self raising flour||11 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped dates||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Sunflower oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Dark muscovado sugar||4 Ounce (120 Gram)|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Walnut halves||6 (For Garnish)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/ Gas 4. Grease and line a 2 lb (900 g) loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift together the flour and spice, adding back any bran from the sieve. Stir in the dates and walnuts.
3. Mix the oil, sugar and milk, then stir evenly into the dry ingredients.
4. Spoon into the prepared tin and arrange the walnut halves on top.
5. Bake the cake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown and firm. Turn out the cake, remove the lining paper and leave to cool on a wire rack.