Soft Bread Cakes
|Whole wheat flour||12 Ounce (340 Gram)|
|Yeast||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable||1 Ounce (30Gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Put the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Cream the yeast and sugar together until smooth.
3. Warm the milk with the vegetable fat.
4. Mix the milk and fat with the creamed yeast and stir in the beaten egg.
5. Make a well in the flour and work the milk mixture in gradually to make a soft dough.
6. Knead lightly then form into six round cakes.
7. Cover and leave to rise for 20 minutes in a warm place.
8. Bake in an oven preheated to 220° C/425° F/ Gas Mark 7, for about 15 minutes.
9. Glaze with beaten egg or milk and sugar a few minutes before removing from the oven.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1294 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212 mg70.7%
Sodium 2048.8 mg85.4%
Total Carbohydrates 262 g87.2%
Dietary Fiber 44.9 g179.7%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 56 g112.8%
Vitamin A 34.4% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 85.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet