Easy Berry Bread
|All purpose flour||12 Ounce (3 cups/ 375 gram)|
|Ground mixed spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 gram)|
|Water||5 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (2/3 cup /170 milliliter)|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 cup / 125 milliliter)|
|Raspberries||6 1⁄2 Ounce (200 gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||4 Teaspoon (For brushing)|
1. Sift flour, mixed spice and baking powder together into a bowl. Add sugar then, using your fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
2. Make a well in the center of flour mixture then, using a round-ended knife, mix in water and milk (a) and mix to form a soft dough.
3. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Divide dough into two portions and flatten each into an 18 cm / 7 in round.
4. Sprinkle raspberries and sugar (b) over surface of one round leaving 2.5 cm / 1 in around edge. Brush edge with a little milk and place remaining round on top (c). Seal edges securely using fingertips.
5. Place on a greased and lightly floured baking tray. Brush surface of loaf with a little milk and bake at 220° C / 425° F / Gas 7 for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180° C / 350° F / Gas 4 and bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until cooked.