High Protein Bread
|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Full fat soy flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Non fat dry milk||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Dissolve yeast in water.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the liquid and mix well. Add shortening and continue mixing until the dough is smooth.
3. Place the dough in a well-greased bowl, grease the top, cover and let rise in a warm place (80° to 85° F.) for one and one-half hours.
4. Punch dough down, fold over edges of dough and turn it upside down. Cover and let rise fifteen to twenty minutes.
5. Shape dough into a loaf and place in a greased bread pan 9x4x3 inches. Cover and let stand about fifty-five to sixty minutes in a warm place until dough fills the pan.
6. Bake in a preheated hot oven (400° F.) about fifty minutes.
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.8%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 2 mg0.7%
Sodium 531.9 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet