White Bread Daily Loaf
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105 To 115�F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Warm milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), heated (105 To 115�F)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|All purpose flour/Bread flour||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
1. In large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and 1 teaspoon sugar; stir well to dissolve. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add milk, butter, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, salt, and 4 cups flour. Beat well with wooden spoon. Gradually stir in 3 cups flour to make soft dough.
2. Turn dough onto floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes, working in enough of remaining 1/2 cup flour just to keep dough from sticking.
3. Shape dough into ball; place in greased large bowl, turning dough to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F) until doubled in volume, about .1 hour.
4. Grease two 9" by 5" metal loaf pans. Punch down dough. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and cut in half. Shape each half into rectangle about 12" by 7." Roll each up from a short side. Pinch seam and ends to seal. Place dough, seam side down, in prepared pans. Cover pans loosely with greased plastic wrap; let dough rise in warm place until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F. Bake until browned and loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped on bottom, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and cool on wire racks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4448 Calories from Fat 659
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.4%
Saturated Fat 41.8 g209.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.9 mg60%
Sodium 6055.6 mg252.3%
Total Carbohydrates 814 g271.4%
Dietary Fiber 28.3 g113.2%
Sugars 95.9 g
Protein 119 g238.3%
Vitamin A 40.4% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 74.7% Iron 256%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet