I don't think you could ever get tired of fresh, warm bread from the oven and this easy Country White Bread recipe for the bread maker makes it super simple to have it more often.
1 Cup (16 tbs) (+ 2 Tbsp)
2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)
1 3⁄4 Teaspoon
2 Tablespoon, cut into 4 small cubes
Fast rise yeast
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. In the bread maker, add the ingredients in the following order (or as suggested in the bread maker manual), water, all purpose flour, dried milk powder, sugar and salt.
2. Using a spatula move the flour to the corners of the bread maker and add the pieces of butter in the 4 corners of the bread maker. Add the rapid rise yeast in the middle of the bread maker.
3. Put the machine on the rapid white bread setting, and bake the bread for 3 hours and 40 minutes.
4. Once done, remove the 1 and 1/2 pound loaf from the bread maker and let it cool down on the rack for 15 minutes before slicing it.
5. Slice the white bread, into desired pieces and serve with a bowl of hot soup.