Coffee Can Whole Wheat Bread
|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105 To 115 Degree F)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar and stir in milk and both flours.
2. Turn onto lightly floured board and knead 8-10 minutes.
3. Divide dough in half and place each half in an oiled 1-pound coffee can.
4. Oil coffee can lids and cover cans. Let rise until lids pop.
5. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 35 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2069 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.6 mg1.5%
Sodium 142.8 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 439 g146.2%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.2%
Sugars 58.3 g
Protein 65 g130.1%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 39.1% Iron 126.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet