|Red onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Pitted olives||8 Ounce (Black Or Green, 225 Gram, 1 1/3 Cups)|
|Strong plain flour||1 3⁄4 Pound (750 Gram, 7 Cups)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Easy blend dried yeast||20 Milliliter|
|Chopped parsley/Coriander/mint||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
1. Fry the onions in the oil until soft. Roughly chop the olives.
2. Put the flour, salt, yeast and parsley, coriander or mint in a large bowl with the olives and fried onions and pour in 475 ml / 16 fl oz / 2 cups hand-hot water.
3. Mix to a dough using a round-bladed knife, adding a little more water if the mixture feels dry.
4. Turn out on to a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Put in a clean bowl, cover with clear film and leave in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
5. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Lightly grease two baking sheets. Turn the dough on to a floured surface and cut in half. Shape into two rounds and place on the baking sheets. Cover loosely with lightly oiled clear film and leave until doubled in size.
6. Slash the tops of the loaves with a knife then bake for about 40 minutes or until the loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Calories 619 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 771.6 mg32.1%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 10 g19.6%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet