Garlic Bread With Herbs
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|French bread loaf||1|
1. Take butter out of refrigerator in advance, to soften.
2. Set oven temperature at 200-230°C (400-450°F).
3. Place butter in a mixing bowl with herbs, lemon juice, pepper and crushed garlic.
4. With a mixing spoon, beat together thoroughly until creamed.
5. Cut the loaf in even, slanting slices about 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick, without cutting through the lower crust.
6. Spread each slice with creamed butter
7. Reshape the loaf and securely wrap in aluminium foil.
8. Place in a hot oven for 20 minutes until bread is hot and golden.
9. Unwrap and cut through lower crust of bread.
10. Serve warm in a bread basket or serving dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2171 Calories from Fat 1405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g244.1%
Saturated Fat 97.7 g488.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 397.8 mg132.6%
Sodium 1193.9 mg49.7%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.8%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 35 g69.5%
Vitamin A 92.5% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 61.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet