1. Take a cup of water in a bowl, dissolve dry yeast and a pinch of brown sugar and stir well. Keep aside for 10 minutes and wait for the yeast to get activated.
2. In another bowl, mix 2 cups of whole-wheat flour, buttermilk, half a cup of honey and olive oil each and a tablespoon salt and mix well to make a smooth paste.
3. Add the yeast mixture to the paste along with a cup of bread flour, adding half a cup at a time. Mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Transfer the dough into a nice, clean bowl, wrap the bowl tightly with a plastic sheet and leave the bread to rise for 1.5 hours.
5. Sprinkle some flour over the cooking counter.
6. Divide the dough into two halves, spread it in the shape of a rectangle using the fingers, roll the sides and then the center and put it in a baking dish. Let it rise for an hour.
7. Once the bread has risen, bake it at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, slice and serve.
What can beat the taste and flavor of freshly baked homemade whole wheat bread? Soft and fluffy, homemade breads are amazingly good to eat, much better than the storebought ones and makes a sweet accompaniment to your morning breakfast or late noon brunch. Moist, tasty and light, whole wheat bread is fun and easy to make at home. Stream the video to learn how to make bread at home in a few simple and easy steps. Watch on!