Banana Nut Bread
|All purpose flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Banana||2 Medium, peeled and mashed|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finley chopped|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
1. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; line bottom with waxed paper; grease paper.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda onto another sheet of waxed paper.
3. Cream butter or margarine with sugar until fluffy in a large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy again.
4. Stir in flour mixture, alternately with mashed bananas; fold in pecans and orange rind. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in slow oven (325°) 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until golden and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Loosen around edges with knife; turn out onto rack; peel off paper. Let cool completely.
Wrap and store overnight for easier slicing. Makes one 9x5x3-inch loaf.