Quick Onion Beer Bread
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated white cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Coarsely chopped fresh dill/Basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 bottle, 355 ml)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced into rings|
|Grated white cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
2. Grease a 9x5-inch (23xl2-cm) loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in cheese, onions and dill. Pour in beer, blending until thoroughly mixed.
4. Spoon into loaf pan and arrange onion rings over top; sprinkle with cheese and sesame seeds.
5. Bake in oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let stand 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2402 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.5%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.3 mg45.8%
Sodium 5069.3 mg211.2%
Total Carbohydrates 341 g113.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.1%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 106 g211.3%
Vitamin A 74.4% Vitamin C 71.2%
Calcium 315.3% Iron 140.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet