|Whole wheat flour||8 Ounce (225g)|
|Ground ginger||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Easy blend dried yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 sachet)|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce (15g)|
|Dried figs||4 Ounce, chopped (125g)|
|Salt||1 Pinch (Good pinch)|
|Milk||10 Fluid Ounce (250ml)|
1. Place the flour, ground ginger, dried yeast and caster sugar in a bowl with the chopped figs and a pinch of salt.
2. Heat the milk on Microwave Power HIGH for 20 sec, until just tepid. Use sufficient milk to mix the ingredients to a soft manageable dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead thoroughly until smooth and pliable.
3. Place in a large bowl, cover and heat on Microwave Power HIGH for 15 sec. Leave for 10 min then repeat 3-4 times until the dough has doubled in size.
4. Lightly knead the dough and re-shape. Place in a 1 lb/450g ovenproof glass loaf dish. Heat and stand as in stage 3 until well risen.
5. Preheat the oven to Convection 200°C.
6. Cook on the low rack on Convection 200°C for 55-65 min, until firm and browned.
7. Turn out onto a rack and allow to cool before serving sliced and buttered.