Olive Mint Quick Bread
|Black olives||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), firmly packed (drained Kalamata or other brine-cured black olives)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon (double-acting)|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Grease an 8 by 4 by 2 1/2 inches loaf pan and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
3. Crush the olives lightly with the flat side of a large knife on a cutting board and discard the pits.
4. Drain the olives on paper towels and chop them.
5. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, mint, and olives. Toss the mixture well.
6. In a small bowl whisk together eggs, oil, onion, and milk.
7. Pour the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until the batter is just combined.
8. Transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan.
9. Pop in oven and bake in the middle rack for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
10. Turn the bread out onto a rack and let it cool.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73 mg24.3%
Sodium 1088.5 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 42.4% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet