Herbed Cheese Bread
|Self raising wholemeal flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Mustard powder||1 Teaspoon (5 Milliliter)|
|Snipped chives||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped parsley||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Cheddar cheese||5 Ounce, grated (150 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||8 Fluid Ounce (225 Milliliter)|
1. Grease a 1.1 litre (2 pint) ovenproof loaf dish and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, mustard, fresh herbs and 100 g (4 oz) of the cheese together in a mixing bowl.
3. Put the butter into a small ovenproof mixing bowl and microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds until the butter melts.
4. Mix together the butter, the egg and milk, pour this into the flour and mix well to form a soft dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish, smooth the top and shield the ends of the dish with small pieces of smooth foil, shiny side in.
5. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes until the bread is well risen, remove the cling film and foil, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until a wooden cocktail stick or skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Give the dish a quarter turn three times during the cooking time.
6. Leave the bread to stand for 10 minutes before turning it out on to a rack to cool.