Whole Wheat Quick Bread
|Unbleached all-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted and cooled|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Spray an 8-inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust it with all-purpose flour.
3. In a medium-size bowl stir together the wholewheat flour, 1/2 cup of the all-purpose flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt, and make a well in the center.
4. In a small bowl stir together the buttermilk, honey, margarine and egg, then add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
5. Turn the batter into the pan and bake 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean and dry.