Honey Whole Wheat Bread
|Dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (100 To 110 Degree F)|
|Bread flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), divided|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
2. lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add whole wheat flour, honey, butter, and salt to yeast mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups bread flour to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
3. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
4. Punch dough down. Roll dough into a 14 x 7-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Roll up rectangle tightly, starting with a short edge, pressing to eliminate air pockets; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place roll, seam side down, in an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven to 375°.
6. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1654 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 1972.8 mg82.2%
Total Carbohydrates 299 g99.8%
Dietary Fiber 23.7 g94.8%
Sugars 38.2 g
Protein 49 g98.9%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 0.43%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 50.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet