Honey Whole Wheat Bread
|Dry yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (100 To 110 Degree F)|
|Bread flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), divided|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
2. lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add whole wheat flour, honey, butter, and salt to yeast mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups bread flour to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
3. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
4. Punch dough down. Roll dough into a 14 x 7-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Roll up rectangle tightly, starting with a short edge, pressing to eliminate air pockets; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place roll, seam side down, in an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven to 375°.
6. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan; cool on a wire rack.